Red rash, itchy under armpit, neck and top of legs

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

I was diagnosed with gf back in October 2016. I got back to a better state of health the following April last year. I have had a couple of relapses since but generally been okay. However, I have had a red patch on the top of my legs and groin area plus under my left arm pit and left side of my neck since then. They are often itchy and despite trying creams including a prescribed steroid cream, nothing seems to work

Anyone else had similar symptoms? Any advice welcome as I am concerned the gf is trying to come back. I have been tired of late and getting that weary feeling after walking for a little while or doing household stuff like gardening. Thanks for reading

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey Stokie Boy,

These symptoms sound so annoying and frustrating, I really hope and pray they settle down. It's totally understandable having been through GF to worry that it's coming back, remember though that with EBV you can only be infected once and although there can be some mini-relapses, these generally settle again without anywhere near the same problems you had first time round. It's always worth going to the doc and asking for a blood test to check things out though and see what they think, hoping that could offer some reassurance and hope.

Inside the first 2 years it's still very possible to have these kind of things happen, I remember myself periods of feeling worse and a mini relapse at around the same stage as you - I had a blood test and it actually showed the EBV was active again, it panicked me so much thinking I would have to go through all this again - but rest assured I didn't and things settled within a few weeks and felt much better again - so this can be normal want to reassure and things will settle I truly believe that!

Hang in there and thinking of how, and maybe taking B complex and multi-vitamin each day can help with energy levels if not already taking of course.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.