Red Rash on inside of buttcheeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I have this embarrassing problem. I have a red rash on the inside of my cheeks. It pretty much lines the outline of my cheeks. The area is cleaned daily in the shower, and I've been putting regular moisturizing lotion on the area at night, and it hasn't lessened. I'm a male, 22 years old, 5"9 and 240lbs. Their is no pain or discomfort or anything, its just red. Any advice or tips to lessen the redness would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Pic for reference:

http://tinypic.com/r/280pqg9/8

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris,

Im not sure what could be causing this but have you tried using Sudocrem as opposed to normal body moisturisers? It's a lot thicker and I think slightly medicated to help with nappy rash. I would suggest trying that but if it hasn't cleared up in a week or so maybe you need to see your GP who could tell you what's causing and prescribe something stronger or simply put your mind at rest. Don't put it off because of embarrassment, they deal with these things on a daily basis. Go at least for your own peace of mind

good luck!

• Posted

Try this remedy.. Eggs are a rich source of protein. For stretch marks, you want to use only the egg whites, which contain amino acids and proteins.

Whip the whites of two eggs gently with a fork. Clean the affected skin area with water and then apply a thick layer of egg whites with a makeup brush.

Allow the egg whites to dry completely and then rinse the area with cold water.

Finally apply some olive oil on the skin to keep it moisturized.

Repeat the process daily for at least two weeks and watch for positive results. 

Thanks for sharing..

• Posted

Rachel, Sudocrem is a good idea, it has zinc in it, as I recall, which aids healing and you are also right, it looks like a sweat rash.

Chris try wearing looser trousers or shorts, in cotton.  This looks like a sweat rash and tight clothes won't help it.  If you were female, I would suggest wearing a long skirt with no underwear whilst at home, maybe you could adapt that!  Circulating air helps.

It could also be that you are sensitive to the moisturiser that you are using.  You might find that a mix of clotrimazole and hydrocortisone cream would help clear it up - Canesten HC is a branded version.  You can buy it over the counter, the generic version will be cheaper than Canesten HC.

• Posted

I'll try the Sudocrem first. I wear boxers all day. I've been working out a lot lately so that area has been a little sweaty, but its always clean... I'd just like to lessen the redness. Should I be using Sudocrem or Canesten Hydrocordizone?
    • Posted

I would use both to begin with.

And you have solved your own problem, it sounds like a sweat rash.  It might be clean but sweat is irritating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.