Red, smooth, shiny patch on penis shaft.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Red, smooth, shiny patch on penis shaft. Its been going for about 6 months. The red patch is smooth very red, shiny and if left untouched it dries out and sheds like snakeskin. Originally it was half the size but 1 week ago I noticed that it became bigger. It tends to disappear for some time but usually comes back after a week or so (always on the same spot), especially after sex or masturbation. It does not particularly hurt, but when it dries out it has a burning sensation, not itchiness. I have visited 2 dermatologist the last 2 days. Both said that it is some skin infection and prescribed me Daktacort cream to apply for about 17 days 2 times a day. I have the feeling that the spot appeared first when I had anal with no protection (condom) with my wife. What could this be. The second dermatologist said that it is related to stress levels and that is why i have so much dandruff last couple of weeks, I had complained about that as well. He told me that I had Seborrhea and gave me some special shampoos for the scalp. Should I trust the 2 dermatologist I visited? First photo the skin is relaxed, second photo I am pulling, kind of stretching it and it has a shiny smooth finish like new skin or something.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Seborrhea is a common explanation for what you have going on as it can infect different areas of the body, including genitals.

Dermatologists are the experts on what you have going on, and maybe, ultimately, can be the only source of a cure for what you have. I would continue to build a good working relationship with 1 of the Dermatologists, particularly if you feel you can trust in what one of them is telling you.

I would try abstaining from sex and masturbation for as long as you can or restrict these to 1 or 2 episodes until this issue is resolved.

In the mean time make sure you use the Daktacort as directed, it needs to be absorbed by the infected skin on your penis to gain any benefit from it, use gentle massage type actions for about 2 minutes at least to work it into the skin.

You can update your Forum Post here after you have seen a Dermatologist again .......

• Posted

Seen the Dermatologist again, a teacher and most likely one of the best in my country. I stood up in the morning washed the Daktacord so that its in its original state and wen 1 hour after the washing to the Doctor. He said it looks very dry, said I stopped daktacord and when its pealed it drys out and blisters. He asked me why I pull my foreskin back all and keep it like this, told him dont know a habbit I guess. He told me to stop doing that because I am not circumcised and thats bad. I should wear the foreskin. Told me to stop Daktacord for 7 days. I should wash normaly 5 days, but with avoiding any soap and other things, only warm water. Then the last 2 days I should keep it unpealed and not wash the penis it all and come for a swap test to sent it to the lab for testing.

He told me that it looks like balanitis or some kind of an infection maybe balanoposthitis, dont know what he exactly said. Told me that its not herpes and that it could be related to the seborrhea but should be examined more since It comes and goes for 8 months as I told him. Will keep you updated.

• Posted

Thanks for the update: it sounds like the Dermatologist is someone you need to build on, what already sounds a good professional relation until he provides you with the ultimate cure.

I may not be able to respond as quickly as I usually do to your further updates for the next 2 or 3 months - but please do post when you have further developments or have seen the Dermatologist again ......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.