Red sore on penis glans

Posted , 2 users are following.

![imageimage

Out of nowhere two days ago i noticed this red mark on my penis head. Quite a dark red patch not open or inflamed or oozing or anything.

No itch, no pain.

Next day the skin around the edges of it peeled away a little. And after a shower it looked a little raw in the middle.

But now it’s like day one again. Just red. It’s a bit sensitive when my underwear rubs against it when I walk.

Nothing out of the ordinary has happened EXCEPT two days before a noticed it I started taking penicillin for borrelia (Lyme disease) from a tick bite on my chest.

Could this be related? If so, why only one spot? And why on my penis?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Now it's 6 days since i first noticed it and it seems the whole reddened area has grown and now there is some flaky skin in the middle of it. Anyone know what this is? I'm hoping that the flaking means it's healing but the middle of the patch is now hardened skin of some sort.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Posted

any improvement yet ? did you get tested for STIs ?

• Posted

i didn't get tested for STI as I'm 100% certain i hadn't been in contact with anything

I'm now quite sure that it could be Erythema Multiforme resulting from the antibiotics. This, apparently can arise as a result of antibiotic intake and even NSAID use. I think this because i have the same patch on my penis again and it appeared two days after taking a double dose of Etoricoxib for pain from a pinched nerve in the neck. I also have a cold at the moment so my immune system may have been compromised.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.