Red sore patch on inner thigh

Posted , 4 users are following.

all of a sudden had a red raw patch on my inner thigh. i dont have sensitive skin or rashes so its unusual for me . my friend who has ebv too had the same thing . its so sore ! what the hell and how can this virus cause this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Lori,

is it a raised red patch? Does it itch? Mono has blessed me with daily hives. One immune system response to infection can be skin rashes. I would be my paycheck its a side effect of mono. i take 1 zyrtec a day and it does the trick for me.

• Posted

its almost like a burn mark ...its not as sore today thank goodness. its really weird what this virus can do to you .

• Posted

Hi Lori,

Really hoping you are feeling a bit more settled this weekend - very much hoping this red patch on your inner thigh settles down soon, sometimes I remember getting different rashes / strange things happening with my skin / bruising and different things at different times, so it is very possible that it is the virus that is causing this and just hoping things settle down soon.

If it was a rash that was being irritated in that area maybe a fungal cream or something could be worth a try as I had a nasty case of one of those last year when taking antibiotics for long term, so maybe worth checking out with the doctor for sure.

Hoping otherwise things are better for you today and still thinking about you and very much believing that things ARE going to turn for you. Hang in there Lori.

Craig x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.