Red splotch on shin (pics)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I'm reaching out in hopes to better understand what might be going on with my leg! I'm definitely going to go see a dermatologist but am getting balloon sinuplasty done on my nose next week and was going to wait until after this surgery and my recovery. I'm unsure if this should be more urgent or not. I'm not really one to go to the doctor, haven't been in years. I believe this is a huge mistake and I'd like to get better at it. In the mean time I am curious as to what could possibly be going on with my leg. If I try and do research, nothing seems to co-relate to my particular issue.

First off, here is a picture of my leg and what the spot looks like. The photos were taken roughly 2 months apart.

Some important information. This spot has been on my leg for about a year and a half... It hasn't grown, hasn't gotten smaller. Literally has stayed the same for a year and a half. The shape of it does not change at all. Sometimes it's maybe slightly more red then other times, but not much to where you'd really notice. There is no raise to the skin, it's completely flat. If I were to close my eyes and run my hand over my leg, I'd have no idea it even exists. My feeling sensation doesn't change at all over this spot vs anywhere else on my leg. It has absolutely ZERO itch to it. Not even the slightest bit of it. If I try scratching it just to see what it feels like, it still doesn't have any itch sensation at all, maybe like a 3/100 from a scale of 100. Basically any itch sensation is non existent. There's absolutely no pain coming from it, from a scale to 100 it would be a 0/100. No pain at all. Sometimes it gets dry and flaky and other times not as much. It's just super odd, never seen anything like it if I try and research, maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

Any sort of ideas on what it might be would be so much appreciated! Maybe someone down the road with this issue can get something from this post, as there seems to be nothing like it when I try and do research. Thanks again for any help, hope everyone is doing well.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think you should definitely get this checked out as soon as you can.

• Posted

It looks like a graze of some sort. Its likely becoming infected, form looking at the picture. This means that it will not grow all over the body but the graze will get larger. An over the counter cream should do the trick.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.