Red spot / mark on face for years won't go?

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I've had a red spot / mark on my face for years and it's starting to bug me. Sometimes it can go bright red and doesn't look good.

It doesn't hurt or itch at all. What is it and how can I get rid of it?

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It could be just a naevus...ie a collection of cells that are well supplied with blood near the surface of the skin,but you really should get this checked by a dermatologist as there seems to be a central point to it.     Dont try to get rid of it yourself as this could make it worse or could cause some bleeding.      
    • Posted

Hi Marina,

I've just had a look at what naevus are and I don't see how it could be that?

It's definitely not a birthmark and it's nothing like pictures of a naevus I've just looked at.

Can you please explain why you think this?

Thanks

• Posted

Simply because you say it is red and sometimes it can go bright red and it doesnt itch. Naevi dont have to be birthmarks. They can develop anytime. However,because of the central point I think you should get it checked out.   If you are in UK your doctor can give you an opinion and then refer you to a dermatologist if another opinion is needed.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up