Red spot / mark on face for years won't go?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've had a red spot / mark on my face for years and it's starting to bug me. Sometimes it can go bright red and doesn't look good.

It doesn't hurt or itch at all. What is it and how can I get rid of it?

Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It could be just a naevus...ie a collection of cells that are well supplied with blood near the surface of the skin,but you really should get this checked by a dermatologist as there seems to be a central point to it.     Dont try to get rid of it yourself as this could make it worse or could cause some bleeding.      
    • Posted

Hi Marina,

I've just had a look at what naevus are and I don't see how it could be that?

It's definitely not a birthmark and it's nothing like pictures of a naevus I've just looked at.

Can you please explain why you think this?

Thanks

• Posted

Simply because you say it is red and sometimes it can go bright red and it doesnt itch. Naevi dont have to be birthmarks. They can develop anytime. However,because of the central point I think you should get it checked out.   If you are in UK your doctor can give you an opinion and then refer you to a dermatologist if another opinion is needed.
  • Posted

hello Edward,

I see this was posted 3 years ago, I am asking if you got this checked and figured out what it was because I am having the same concern.

thanks

• Posted

Hi jmolinaro22, Did you ever get a response or get your situation checked out? I'm having a similar issue! Thanks!

• Posted

Hi Suzie,

I am looking into this issue myself as I have got a similar blotch appear on my cheek late last year and it hasn't gone since. Spider naevus looks exactly like it on google images and I noticed one medical website indicated possible alcohol intake / liver problems relating to it.

Im 37 and I'll be honest I do have a drink every week and can put back a few pints so I am leaning towards the idea that it could be related. I would like to find a solution as it is quite noticeable but not all over my cheeks thankfully. Wish you luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.