Red spot on penis! Syphilis, warts, herpes? (Pictures)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I am currently very worried about a red spot on my penis.

I have recently had protected sex with a sex worker and after 1 month I noticed this red spot on my penis.

Has anyone encountered this type of spot? Any idea what it can be?

Thank you!

imageimage

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Is it a flat red circle? I have something pretty similar, not raised and no pain. Ive had it swabbed for Syphilis and Herpes and both negative, health clinic doctor told me it isnt warts. Mine kind of just looks like a tiny irritated spot, i have a few posts with photos.

• Posted

hello nicholas. thank you for your answer. yes, the red spot is round and flat. i am worried about syphilis because i can't get it checked due to lockdown... how long have you had it for? did you find any sort of solution for it?

• Edited

Dear flo,

Just to be clear- you had PROTECTED vaginal intercourse with a sex worker?

IMHO, I'm not convinced this is syphilis. A penile chancre caused by syphilis looks more like this:

http://abdelhamiddermatlas.com/show.php?id=2612

And how could you have caught this infection if you wore a condom?? Feel your groin- can you feel if your glands are swollen? Syphilis tends to result in large painless swollen glands.

I can't tell you what you've got, but if you had sex 30 days ago and all you have to show is a tiny red spot makes syphilis unlikely.

Rgds,

Adhari.

• Posted

hello Adhari,

thank you for your reply. yes, it was protected vaginal sex but there was a bit of unprotected oral sex at the end. from what i can tell my lymph nodes seem ok, i'm not very skilled in checking them. i checked some tutorials online. i would love to just get it checked out but this lockdown is very annoying...

br, Flo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.