Red spots

Posted , 5 users are following.

I got 3 red spots(one each on both legs) and 1 on hand which itches only when you touch it. It has become a red scar like thing and is easily visible. I want to know what is it. Please help i m concerned

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Kanava...its almost impossible to say what these are without pictures.
  • Posted

Sound like these could be spots caused by bites. Been doing much outdoorsy stuff recently? 

Bites behave a different to spots and typically pretty noticable even as they start to fade.

• Posted

Red spots on the skin are a common medical complaint. When the spots occur in outbreaks, they are sometimes termed rashes. Rashes can occur due to infections of the skin, disseminated infections, allergic reactions, or irritations of the skin.

When a red bump or rash is flat, it is medically known as a macule. When the red spot is raised, it is known as a papule. Erythema is the medical term for redness of the skin.

• Posted

This may well be just a rash from a plant or household product you’ve come in contact with, but there are several serious diseases of which this could be an early symptom. Have it checked out by your primary care doctor before going any further. Try some hydrocortisone cream in the meantime for comfort.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.