Red spots and patches on my glans of penis for almost a month; was diagnosed with fungal balanitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

A red spot appeared on my glans of penis almost a month ago. I didn't pay much attention as I thought that I've damaged it from masturbation. Days passed but the spot didn't disappear, but more started to emerge. Visited the GP a week ago and he said it's balanitis caused by fungus and prescribed Daktarin for 1-2 weeks. I've been applying it al over my penis some days the spots weren't visible, but then appear back.

On 4th day after a shower I dried the glans with a towel and I noticed that skin from the red spot started to peel off. On the next day in shower the skin felt by itself. I called a nurse and she told me that this might be caused by the cream, it's nothing to worry about.

Could that dry skin be part of the healing process? It is definitely not an allergy, as it isn't itchy and the texture is the same as other parts of the glans.

Did anyone heal fungal balanitis, how long it takes the redness to disappear?

Does that look as fungal balanitis at all?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

No, it doesn't look like fungus. 4 weeks is also too long if you are already on antifungal medication. Except nail fungus. You will need a stronger cortisone and have to rub it in for 4-6 weeks. Try to get something from your family doctor that has at least class 3 (cortisone). Your doctor should know.

Best regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.