Red spots on head.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I had head skin itch for couple a days , I got my hair cut and I found these red spots on my head . What can it be ?imageimage

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Probably the shaving irritation plus the scratching.

When my head itches I always give it a little spot massage and it goes away , if I scratch it with my nails it will get worse and more itch later.

• Posted

It looks like Ringworm.... a fungal infection and nothing to do with worms. You need some special shampoo and also possibly tablets.Antifungal/dandruff shampoo may help but it wont kill the Ringworm cause. You need to see a doctor who can prescribe shampoo and/or cream and/or medication to be taken by mouth.

Ringworm is highly contagious and can spread quickly so dont share combs/brushes/towels etc. If you can,invest in a new pillow and pillowslip. Do you have any pets? If so and you are constantly touching/cuddling/or even sleeping with them that may be where you have caught it.

• Posted

It is definitely ringworm of the scalp. You can use an antifungal shampoo in combination with a topical antifungal. The shampoo can help kill fungus on your scalp and stop inflammation. Purchase Fugacil as well. It can help clear up fungal rashes and promote healing. The combination use of these two things will help treat ringworm faster, commonly 1 to 2 weeks while others may take longer.

• Posted

It is definitely ringworm of the scalp. You can use an antifungal shampoo in combination with a topical antifungal. The shampoo can help kill fungus on your scalp and stop inflammation. Purchase Fugacil as well. It can help clear up fungal rashes and promote healing. The combination use of these two things will help treat ringworm faster, commonly 1 to 2 weeks while others may take longer.

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.