red spots on tongue

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I am a new member and recently told I have Sjogren's due to a blood test. I have been referred to a rheumatiologist and have first appt. in August. About a month ago I noticed 4 red spots on my tongue that were slightly raised. First I saw my dentist who said to watch them and if any change to let him know. Then I saw my doctor who said at first he didn't even see them, but after I pointed to them he did see them. He did not think it was anything to worry about, or to do any testing. 

Is this common with Sjogren's? I know dry mouth is a symptom, but would that cause the spots. They are not painful and sometimes appear less red.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

telangiectasia aren't pimply red always although they can look like this on lips and tongue I see if I google. I keep being tested for all the connective tissue diseases but they don't yet know which one so I do my research with the few visible clues I have. I don't have any on lips or tongue although I have a painful burning mouth often so I keep looking! 

• Posted

Hi Carol

All part and parcel of Sjogren's. If your dentist and your Doctor have both come to the same conclusion that the spots are not "sinister" and they don't hurt like a mouth ulcer, then I would tend to believe their diagnoses. Your rheumatologist is the best person to put your mind at rest.

• Posted

Thanks, you are right. I have a lot of questions for the rheumatologist. I hope he is a good one who listens and gives answers if he can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.