Red swollen itchy lumps on face

Posted , 3 users are following.

I woke up yesterday., after staying at a friend's, with some red marks on my face, also on my leg, hand and arm. Woke up today to find the lumps on my face much worse, quite disfiguring, which is a worry as I'm going on holiday in a few days. I've been taking loretadine 10mg twice a day and applying over the counter hydro cortisone cream. Is there any point trying to get an emergency go appointment? How long do you think it will take to clear up? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

go to urgent care or emergency room for assistance.  good luck!!

• Posted

I phoned 111 and was told to make a gp appointment if it hadn't improved in 3 days.

• Posted

I don't know how long it takes to schedule an appointment after you call for one, but I would call now and make the appointment for a day or so after your 3 day waiting time and if all goes well and things are improving just cancel.  During your wait, I know it's hard but, don't scratch the itch.

• Posted

get it done.  use ice to cool off the area,  Benadryl as noted on the bottle.  Good luck.
    • Posted

Apologies to all who responded for my late reply but they went to junk mail. Anyway I went to the GP practice to see the nurse for my flu jab and she refused to do it until the Dr had advised on my rash, she, (the nurse) suspected bites of some sort. So I saw the doctor and she thought it was an allergic reaction and prescribed  Fexofenadine, a stronger antihistamine and referred me to an allergy clinic. Been taking the Fexofenadine for 2 day’s now and it’s slightly better. Off on a cruise tomorrow and hoping for the best. Thank you all for your support.
    • Posted

Have a great time.  Hope you're not allergic to cruising.  haha

• Posted

I am so going to have a great time! I’m bringing 2 different antihistamines and there’s always the ship’s doctor.
  • Posted

Hi PGtips! I would certainly go to a doctor and find out what the heck you have. I think getting treatment before you go on holiday will let you enjoy your vacation more because you'll know the diagnosis and have treatment for it. Have a good day! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.