Red swollen toes? Chillblains? Help please

Posted , 4 users are following.

My toes have been red and swollen for the past 4 months.

sometimes they are pink and not so bad, other times they are dark red/purple and very sore.

burning sensation, tender to touch, they feel like they are "full" like a blister rubbing but no visible blisters.

i thought with the weather getting warmer they would get better but theyre getting worse and sore.

help please.pleimage

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

how is your diet, an seems if you let your toes get cold with raynauds they do swell an just to get warm again it take me wool socks 73 degrees an under covers, an they feel sore swelled but warmer, i use heating pad to warm my fingers

but diet is very important lots water veggies seem to help, rashes come out in skin when diet is not good

• Posted

i havent been diagnosed with raynauds, i am wondering if it could be or maybe chillblains?

i have never had it last this long, for month. i have been wearing thick socks all day/night even under covers and hasnt been helping. maybe ill need to find wool socks?

my diet is pretty simple, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, nuts, chicken, dark greens/vegetables.

i only drink water and coffee in the mornings.

appreciate your reply.

• Posted

sounds like great diet, dairy products are mucus forming an rashes come out in through our skin. i sleep with wool socks until my toes get warm in 72-73 degrees house. when your feet do get warm i'd keep them as aired out like in open sandle or slippers , so they can breath an help rash if its prickly rash .

• Posted

did you learn anything new about this? my toes look so similar. a vascular surgeon told me that its likely not Raynauds, and a vascular imaging has shown no issues.

• Posted

Hi trisha. Not sure what jl27 ended up having, but now that coronavirus is a factor, could that be your case? The toes in the photo could be "COVID toes" perhaps? O f course, not relevant if your problem is more than 18 months old...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.