Red, very dry and painful hands since infection

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey all -

About 5 days ago I got myself a nasty chest infection (those of you that read my last discussion will know that biggrin and about a day or so in my hands began to rash up, get painful on the fingers and when they are too hot I can barely bend the fingers. I suffer with chilblains and bad circulation (raynauds syndrome) but this doesn't feel like blains, it's not lumps it's more a covering of red over the fingers on the front and the back of the hand in patches. Very odd, hot and painful - any ideas what it could be? I did look at Cellulitis but that doesn't seem to be it, they aren't swollen. Ta

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.