Redish spots on skin

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have these small dots on my upper arms, about 7/8 on right arm and 3-4 on left around the bicep area, I shown my GP he didn't seem too concerned and looked at a much redder spot on my chest and called it a beauty spot, they don't fade under pressure

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

The dots on the arm are most likely petechiae, nothing to worry about at all. 
    • Posted

Thanks Chris,

Are you sure this is nothing to worry about as some causes don't look to pleasant however understand i have small dots not rashes of it ?

• Posted

Petechiae is just small bits of blood that have leaked out of broken capillaries, sounds much worse then it is, but on its own, is not a problem.  
    • Posted

Hi Chris, i have about 10 0f these around right bicep and about 7 of them on my left arm, is this still okay, some are far away from others?

Thanks

• Posted

Can you provide a pic with as many as these spots as you can. Capillaries are smaller and much more extensive than veins and arteries so petechae spots can appear anywhere. 
    • Posted

I have sent a new photo to this discussion I don't know why it didn't show up here, thanks

• Posted

Here it is
  • Posted

I should note my last blood test was in December and was fine, I'm drinking these supplements to get more weight as I'm very thin and those drinks caused me to have eczema on booth arms also but a cream my GP gave me is helping that so they do almost you could say cause an allergic reaction, my dizziness is caused by anxiety.

Thanks

• Posted

Has anyone else got anything to note it would be much appreciated, thanks
  • Posted

Any more responses still remotely concerned about these, i should also note I'm trying to put weight on using these drinks that caused me to have eczema on both arms too as my BMI was well below average, i still drink those too

• Posted

Hi Chris

It is hard to get a good photo with my phone as the dots are very small and sometimes are hard to see without light shined on them, i tried with flash on, thanks again 

• Posted

Admittedly picture quality isn't great and just to be clear as to hopefully avoid some confusion, I am looking at the small darkened spot on the right side of the picture just above where you have the shadow covering the lower part of your arm.   If that is the one you are talking about, then I will keep to my opinion of Petechiae due to the extremely small size and colour of the spot.

• Posted

Yes that is correct my picture quality is pretty poor, I have a few of these that one stands out the most though, I have put 10 pounds on since Jan and the shakes im drinking to put weight on may have caused the eczema i had for months, could these be reasons, my last blood test was in Nov/Dec 2016 everything was fine however I've just noticed these dots they could've been around for years I'm not sure what should i do as i shown GP the other day on my weight/bp checks but he was typing notes into PC not sure if he had a proper look or not

• Posted

Then as stated, my opinion remains the same and you need not worry about it. If you can't stop worrying about it, make another appointment with your GP, or you can always visit a walk-in center and ask to see a doctor there, although they tend to be busy. 

• Posted

Okay Chris, I have another GP IN 6 weeks to check weight gain ill mention it again, thanks for your help!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.