redivac anti suction drain has been in place for 4 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

it has been 7 months post surgeryn from incisional hernia repair and i`m stillnot recovered. Hernia was about the size of a football . 2 months post surgery I developed sever swelling in stomach. After pushing for tests in hospital I had a 2.5 lt hematoma fluid drained of. 2 weeks later I was admitted to hospital and had 3lt seroma fluid drained and anti suction drian placed in. 4months on still have the drain as well as 6 serious bacterial infections in the drain fluid. My surgeon seems a bit lost as to what to do.He seems to look to me and asks what he should do??? I would have thought as he is the surgeon he would know whats best Anyone have similar experiences?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Grant,  It is a lonely disease little understood and the effects are underestimated.  The number of times well meaning people have asked me if I am better, would be much better if they asked how are you doing: would like to re-educate people, probably a waste of time though.

On a entirley different topic I have gone back to something I tried over a year ago, and so far it is reallyy helping my digestive symptoms, you know the ones, reflux, bloating, spasm, pain etc.  It is the paleo diet it seems to calm down my digestive tract and ease the passage of food to its natural conclusion.  Since going back to it I have not needed any stomache meds, I had been on lanzaprozole Plus other stuff, not even taken gaviscon for reflux.  I lost 14 inches of my colon when my bowel perforated over 2 and a half years ago, but as far as I know my body is still able to absorb all of the nutrients necessary from food.  I guess there will be those out there who cant follow this programme, and it may not help everyone, but it may help some.  Good to get some feedback on this and ps it does help with weight loss, but Like me I guess most of us with bowel probs are not overweightbiggrin

• Posted

Hello Shirley.. I will have a look into it.

And yes people need replacing educating.

I had quite a bit of bowel removed can't remember the full extent of it... And you do loose a load of weight.. I used to play rugby for Warwickshire and I was about 21 stone.. Due to all of my. My current weight is 14 stone so inhale lost a good 7 stone... But we are still breathing I suppose... Hope all is well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.