Redness and pigmentation change on hand

Posted , 2 users are following.

While on a trip to Arizona (last week) and after a hot shower i noticed red discoloration on the back of my hand between the crease of my thumb and index finger. No pain, swelling, itching or discomfort. In the two days since then the affected has not changed shape but has started to turn tan/brown.

Any thoughts? image

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Its probably a patch of pigmentation that has been triggered by sun. If it doesnt itch,bleed or become black or spread alarmingly just ignore it. Most people will get patches like that during their lifetime. If it bothers you then use a high SPF on exposed skin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.