Redness around gland of penis/can only partially pull foreskin back.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Occasionally also think I have smegma even though very clean, I think it's due to inability to pull foreskin all the way back.

Advice would be grateful to help clear this.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Is this smegma cause by the inability to retract my foreskin properly.

• Posted

Purely on this question: when the tip or unexposed head looks like this is it wet or mainly dry? - if you carefully rub with the tip of a finger is it really moist or do you get mainly something that resembles dry skin?

• Posted

It's not there all the time but I've noticed It's a milky texture but it's dry sometimes and sometimes its moist but that when there is a like milky looking substance Is it caused by that inability to retract the foreskin. It's quite annoying because I'm clean, it's very embarrassing.

• Posted

John, I used to get this happening regularly too. The milky and wetness is most likely to be pre-ejaculate and ejaculate itself.

Yes I know you would expect that without having masturbated that these would not have been produced. It could be linked to phimosis in that a readily available source of lubrication is being produced.

So, what happens is the slightest handling of the penis will result in the production of these fluids.

In terms of your phimosis itself, you should be aware that there is a strong case to preserve your foreskin as the head of the penis itself is healthier when the foreskin is in place.

If you see a Doctor you need to state, should this be your choice, that you would like to try a steroid cream / ointment first combined with the stretching as simply, some Doctors will automatically state that you need to be circumcised, when in the vast majority of cases this is not the case. My suggestion would be to try the stretches for at least 7 to 8 months, as, once the Foreskin is gone it is gone forever.

As I say, I overcame my own Phimosis and I can guide you further with the practicalities of stretching if you wish .......

• Posted

You have what is know as Phimosis, or to many males, simply a very tight foreskin. Keeping the area clean is important, particularly after urinating. Do not apply soap or shower gel directly to the head of the penis that you are able to expose - rely mainly of water only, then dry with a clean dry towel that ONLY YOU use.

When you are out of the house and urinate either carry a clean paper tissue to wipe the tip end of your penis after fully draining urine, or go into a toilet cubicle and use toilet tissue.

You should NEVER try to force the skin in an effort to expose the full head of your penis as this can cause what is known as Paraphimosis which is extremely painful, or you may split your foreskin with the loss of a great deal of blood.

You will need to do stretch exercises so that your foreskin can develop both suppleness and resilience to be able to expose your glans / head of penis without causing any problems. We are unable to post external web site links in this Forum so please do a search using the following key words:

• Wiki How - 3 ways to do - phimosis stretching

... please keep the Forum advised with any problems or the progress you are making with the stretches.

I overcame this problem myself when I was about 17 or 18 years of age so I can advise you further on this .......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.