Redness faded, itching under control

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

In my fifth week since the herald patch, took oral steriods last week for three days,along with Fexofenadine (antihistamine) and a cream called Panthenol which was in a spray form, the rash faded within a day and the itch is still there BUT SOOOO much less, its bearable and I can now sleep. I am very happy, however, I have quite a few little spots everywhere too, does anyone else have this? Also once Redness has faded, does this mean its beginning to go? Hoping it doesn't last 5 months like some poor people ;-( 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi ,

I m really suffering at moment ,i have just seen my doctor who thinks i have pityriasis rosea or ringworm ,but i have the large herald patch and online images of pityriasisrosea do resemble my rash more.

As you have had this condition for some time now ,can you tell me if the rash itched and even though my scalp is clear it is itching ,can you tell me if you ve had anything similar ,really worried.

• Posted

Hi Sarah, it has been so itchy that I have been in tears. It's now completely under control thank god. It's the worse thing ever when you are in the thick of it. Mine was tummy, boobs, lower back, neck and groin. I have been so down about it. And don't want to jinx it but the rash is so faded that I hope in a week or so it will be gone. And my itching is minimal. I bought so much of the panthenol spray 9 %. I have it stocked up just in case it ever returns. I have I been showering three times a week and no baths. As when I did have a bath. It came back with a vengeance. I really feel for ou as I was in your situation last week. My herald patch was there for two weeks and then spread very quickly. I had been ill since December with viruses and I think I was so run down that it caught me. Fexofenadine is what I take each day and will do until it goes. Xxx hope it heals quickly
  • Posted

hi doctor confirmed it pityriasis rosea,patches have got bigger and itchy ,i started with them on my bra line and arms ,i ve been putting hydrocortisone on them and ones on my arm are fading ,this is my second week of this and got them on my tummy, breasts,upper and lower back ,arms and one on my neck ,i m scared il get them on my face ,my face is tingly but it might be because im worrying about it,are you in the uk and if so where can i get the panthenol spray as i ve never heard of it ,can you buy it or does it have to be on prescription,so fed upx
    • Posted

Sarah I am in the UK. You poor thing. I was the same. But mine is nearly gone but as I said I don't want to jinx it. Unfortunately this site won't let me put the name on here. Or where it's from as its seem as promoting a product. Crazy I know !

• Posted

Can you also message me the name of the panthenol spray and where I can get it, I'm desperate to get rid of this rash!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.