Redness, hot, and pain ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’m 7 weeks post op ankle surgery. Plates, screws and wires inserted. I’m in my first week of weight bearing and today and last night I’ve had pain where the screws are, it’s also red and hot to touch. Is this normal ?

Thank you in advanced x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

There’s also a kind of burning sensation !

• Posted

Broke my right lower fibula 5 weeks ago. At day 3 post surgery, my ortho surgeon removed my cast and put me on an aircast walking boot. He also advised me to do IWBAT- instant weight bearing as tolerated.  Right now, I can drive with the aircast off and I can walk slowly with the aid of a cane. Pain right now is tolerable and my right lower leg is still red and a little swollen. I hope this helps
  • Posted

Personally I have trouble on the plate side but I have experienced trouble on both sides
  • Posted

No not normal, is an indication of circulation issues.  Firstly elevate the ankle above your heart for as long as you can ,preferably all day. Secondly I would contact your dr and tell him of your situation and demand to be seen.

paul

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.