Redness on lips for years now

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had this for a couple years now and every dermatologist I go to never really knows the answer and doesn't know how to help me which sucks because it makes me lack confidence as a male , does anyone know any ideas what It can be?? I don't have herpes because I was tested 2 times.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Your lips don't look that unusual to me.

• Posted

Like the top lips are red and just look weird to me , feels like a kind of exezma or some sort not sure but it sucks
    • Posted

Brother, your upper lip appears normal. As long as you don't feel any pain, itchiness or sore, your lips are completly fine. Relax.

• Posted

Like the top left at times it feels like soemthing is there like moving weird explanation I know but like it feels sometimes irritated but never really itches or sore and never had any bursts like herpes would but I'll try to relax just I have moments where I over think a lot.

• Posted

I know this may sound silly but you seem to always have a good opinion , but before I shaved my mustache and after I had this like pimple looking thing I did pop it like I always tend to it's a habit but nothing came out only blood when I kept over doing it but its been like a week or so and hasn't fully vanished any ideas? It's faint now compared to how it was & you see how my lips when I push out wards with my tongue it has like these little bumps it might just be normal but I'm a paranoid person lol.

• Posted

It's true that I often suggest that people are worried about things that seem to me to be normal, or at least not that unusual.  There are also occasions though when I tell people that what they have is totally not normal and they need to see a doctor soon (and I'm usually surprised they hadn't seen a doctor already).

Your lower lip seems slightly more prominent than most people's, but it's not a big deal.  It certainly never held Mick Jagger back.  Did any of the dermatologists you've seen think your lips were a problem?  I'm repeating myself, but we're all different, and that's ok.

I'm honestly not sure where your pimple was, and the bumps on your lip just look like Fordyce spots, which are nothing to worry about.  They're very common, and much more obvious in some people than in you.

• Posted

Yeah I asked and they can't seem to understand why even though they do see slight redness and skin difference but they all said it's okay and definitely not herpes or such sort which makes sense because that causes scabs and blisters etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.