Redness on tip of penis - tightness on left side of neck - are they related? What's going on?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

This is a little embarrassing to post, but I'm feeling kind of desperate.

About 8 months ago, around May 2019, a week after a sexual encounter, I noticed some redness on the tip of my penis around the urethra. I initially thought it was an STD, but I was tested twice since then and everything came back clean. I was even tested for a bladder infection, and nothing. My doctor thought it might be stress or anxiety related, and since I went through a breakup this made sense, so she told me to not worry about it and that I should learn to possibly live with it since it didn't seem to her to be a lot of redness. I saw it though, and to me, it's an issue. It feels as though there's some kind of inflammation and get's more red when I have sex or if I masturbate. After a few months with no sign of getting better, I visited a private urology clinic. Even though the doctor told me it didn't know like something to worry about, he gave me Azithromycin to take every day for a week. It looked like it was going away slightly, and when I finished the medication, the redness was still there. Shortly after that, I got a cold and my throat lymph nodes were a bit swollen. Ever since then (it's been about 5 months), the left side of my neck seems tight and it feels like there's a ball there that's quite bothersome. It's not painful, but I feel it. At times, the right side of my Adam's apple feels like there's something stuck in it and clicks when I swallow. It comes an goes - I'm worried it might be something serious, but every time I go see a doctor, they brush me aside (one doctor laughed a bit and told me this happens when a cold hits the body and that I should meditate to keep my anxiety levels low). I know my body, and it doesn't feel normal anymore. For 8 months, I've been feeling trapped in my own body and not knowing what to do. I want my neck to feel normal again, and the redness at the tip of my penis to look normal again. (Now it's just slightly red, so even if I do go see a doctor, they don't notice anything). Are these two things related? What should I do? What are these conditions? An autoimmune inflammatory disorder? Any help is very much appreciated!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

did u check it with a dermatologist ? how painful is it?

• Posted

It's not painful really, it's more of a feeling that it's not normal. It's a bother, and I feel the inflammation especially when I have sex or masturbate.

I have gone to the dermatologist, and because it's not THAT noticeable to others, he brushed me off. But I know that it's different, I see the slight redness and I feel it.

• Posted

hey mate, any update on your condition? I'm experiencing the same Symptoms. check out my discussion. hope to hear from you

• Posted

Meditation is good, but that heals the mind not the body. You need to work on your health and drink plenty of fluids.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.