Redness surrounding upper penis for a while, should i be concerned?

Posted , 2 users are following.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm 22, not a frequent smoker.

• Posted

Are you meaning the area at the very bottom of your stomach?

If so, describe you hygiene practices: do you take a shower every morning, or just now and again? Fresh underwear each morning or not? You obviously have something that is causing irritation - this normally occurs when several things are wrong.

This can even include the likes of bedding - for example, have you stayed at hotel or hostel in recent months?

• Posted

My hygiene is absolutely fine, I haven't stayed in a public place for a while. Should i be worried, as I've always been a different colour down there just never in the lower stomach area.

Thanks for the response so quickly.

• Posted

What you get used to on here is being something of 'an amateur detective' - Men raise issues that they are concerned about and the fundamental is getting at what could have caused it - you start with the broader possibilities and hopefully narrow it down to what it may actually be.

So. here is another one: do you occasionally shave off all your pubic hair?

If you have raised an issue, it must at least be something of a concern to you .. or at least, would be more comfortable knowing ....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.