Reduced Resistance to Infection

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been on MXT injections for IBD since February (once a week, 25 mg for the first 16 weeks and down to 15mg since then).  The good news is that it seems to be working well on the IBD and no suggestion of intolerance.

However, as I write this I'm getting over a really unpleasant chest infection that has so far taken two lots of antibiotics to deal with (and still coughing and spluttering!).

My question is, what does everyone do in order to try and compensate for the reduced resistance to infection?  I want to continue to keep the IBD at bay, but need to keep things like this chest infection from becoming a regular occurrence.

Any advice most gratefully received.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.