Reducing, 25mg down to 22.5mg.

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, just wanted to check if anyone else had the following symptoms when reducing:

thumping head ache

zaps of dizziness

feeling jelly legged

i feel my dose was 2 high, i felt numb & constant brain fog. This seems to have improved i'm just stuck with the above side effects. i'm almost at the 3 week mark on my reduced dose.

any advice greatly welcomed x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I reduced from 20mg to 10mg in 5mg increments x no problems at all x i stayed on each dosage for 4-5 weeks before reducing further

• Edited

thanks for the replies.

im very sensitive to these meds so have to do a really slow taper! will probably stay on this dosage for about 2 months.

ive tried & failed a few times but determined to get my life back & function properly on a lower dose x

• Edited

you will get there eventually just bare with it 😃 time is a healer x

• Edited

sounds like you know how to taper these things x very slowly x good luck x with your determination you will get there

• Posted

hi

i'm the opposite - 2.5mg increase & getting side effects so just shows, even with a small increase we still suffer.

in the past when i have decreased i had all the symptoms you mention and i was very snappy too. my brain felt like it moved after my head moved!

did you find it hard getting up to 25mg? i'm only on 7.5mg so got a long way to go.

• Posted

i started off on 20mg & that worked fine for me, so good i attempted (with doctors advice) to come off them. My first ever taper was done far to quickly, i went from 20mg, to 10mg to nothing in a month after been on the medication for 8 years.

This led to me going back on to 20mg & having to increase further. Now i just dont feel myself on 25mg, i feel like i'm in my own little bubble, away with the fairies so to speak.

Really hoping the reduction in dose helps me to feel like me again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.