Reducing Dose

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

Ive been on Mirtazapine now for 8 weeks.

1 week at 15mg and 7 for 30mg

I'm thinking this is going to be a good medication for me, Citalopram and Sertraline just didn't agree.

When I was on 15mg my anxiety reduced rapidly and when I went to 30mg this was okay until around week 4 where I started with feeling depersonalised all of the time, with bouts of rage and rapid thoughts and my anxiety creeping back up.

Ive really tried to work through it but I need to listen to my body and i've had my dose reduced to 22.5mg to see if this is my good spot.

I just feel like my brain is over stimulated at 30mg.

Has anyone else tried this dose (22.5mg) and did it work out well?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hiya

I was on Mirtazapine for years and found it brilliant but came off it about 2 to 3 months ago as I have put over 2 stone in weight and it bothered me but I am regretting it and am considering restarting it, I was on 15mg and was a good dose.

• Posted

I quit using this drug because of the weird anger that comes with it. (Very angry for nothing)

Then I took 15 mg, ofc this is from person to person so you will have to try and see where its good for you.

Maybe you would need another medication entirely depending on how you feel on a new dose and what feelings you might have there.

Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.