Reducing my sex drive

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I'm wondering if there's a prescribed drug on the market that can help to significantly reduce a males sex drive.

I'm a healthy 28 year old, in a relationship with a wonderful woman, we click perfectly in every way aside from our sexual needs.

It's getting to the point now were the lack of sexual intimacy is making me miserable.

I've read in depth about trying to understand the reasons for your partners low drive and so on. I know exactly the reasons. Her life is too busy and stressful for her to even contemplate having trying to meet me in the middle.

And to be honest I'd rather focus my energy on my career and hobbies than my need for sex.

Can someone people suggest a means of reducing my desire with minimal side effects.

Cheers,

John

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

What is meeting in the middle for yiu? Howany times a week do you have sex now?

I don't believe in that too busy and stressful. It is a choice. There arw many times I wasn't in the mood or was in pain... There are other ways to relieve your partner, that's not going to be taxing on her.

• Posted

I'd personally like to get intimate on the few occasions a week I see her.

Theres many reasons and to be honest I really don't want to delve into any psychological stuff.

I just know that after lots of thought this is the way i want to go.

• Posted

Please don't even think about taking a drug to reduce your sex drive.  Anti-depressant drugs do that but...you become dependent on them and can't mentally function without them if you start taking them, not to mention other side effects.  It turns many folks into legal drug addicts.  You don't want to have to take a pill every four or six or eight hours just to keep from going off the deep end. You will probably find as you age that your sex drive will naturally decline.  In the meantime, masturbation is a great sport.  Your lady may find your approaches a bit more interesting if you help out with the household chores and other worries that preoccupy her since she needs to feel comfortable to get in the mood.  Dark chocolate has a wonderful effect on many ladies especially during that time of the month.  Also check to see if there is anything like an infection bothering her as vaginal health can be an issue.  Many women end up with recurring uterine, yeast and bacterial infections in part due to an imbalance of vaginal flora.  Docs often prescribe antibiotics for vaginal infections, which wipe out the good flora as well resulting in more infections.  She may need to take a probiotic to restore good flora.  She may be a bit embarrassed to mention these issues. You might help her keep her vaginal ph in balance by using condoms. Also, take the time to get her interested... foreplay is essential to women, so check out different things to see what she likes. She has erogenous zones all over the body. See what a kiss on the back of the neck does. Women climax much later then men so gently coax her into it, she doesn't need the pain of sudden entry...
  • Posted

I really appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. But there's no issue with stuff like chores, or knowing how to get her going on the occasions she wants to.

I really don't want to put any more pressure on her by suggesting a trip to the doctors.

I'd rather it be me who got it sorted than her.

• Posted

John, get real. It's straightforward. You two are not compatible.You are clearly not on the same wavelength. It seems to be a one-sided relationship. Does your partner love you, is she in love with you? As for taking drugs to suppress your sex drive, you are being ridiculous. You'll need your testes removing to achieve that. Your partner also has a responsibility to you and your relationship. Does she really want intimacy. How do you know she's not faking it. How do know she is not using you? Think what it would be like in ten years time if this situation isn't resolved. You'll never get those years back. It's your choice. Tackle this problem now and stop procrastinating. I wish you luck because you'll need it. I can't see how this can work out without fundamental change.
  • Posted

Masturbate when you feel the need.  It's perfectly normal even within relationships

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.