Reducing my ven

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello there I'm reducing my ven from 180 to 150 and now I'm on two tabs. 75 mg and 37.5 daily I wasn't to bad on 150 but I can now feel a change I'm very tired and still breathless mainly in the morning. I feel a bit better in the afternoon  . I've been on ven for many years see my posts ?? My GP wants me to now reduce to 75 mg a day and stay on them until I can reduce to 37.5 has any one any thoughts or advice please.  Thank s Michael. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Many people have been told by GPs to make these reductions. But if you have read accounts on this forum you'll know people have found it very difficult. I asked my GP for advice many years ago, I was on 150mg at the time. He just halved the dose. I crashed and was really ill for a few days, I soon went back to the GP who said I probably needed to stay on it lifelong. It's only now, some years later and an increase to 225mg with no benefit that I've started to question the drug's effectiveness. I'm lucky that I'm on the slow release capsules not the tablets, so I can reduce by removing the pellets inside.

If you are having symptoms like breathlessness it may not be the withdrawal symptoms. See your GP for more help and mention the breathlessness.

• Posted

If you have held the current dose for anything less than 3 months, I would not cut it yet. I would make the next cut only once I have been symptom-free for 3 months. So once breathlessness is gone I would start counting. Unless there is a medical reason to drop faster or it is being replaced by another drug. This method worked for me and most of my psychiatrists' patients on ven without fail. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.