reducing paliperidone

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have schizophrenia and am taking paliperidone 50 once a month and risperidone 2mg daily. I was taking paliperidone 100 month and risperidone 2 mg daily some 1 year back. I was exercising for my condition and my sleep was very good. My psychiatrist started to reduce my paliperidone as I was experiencing mild tremors which improved with reduction of paliperidone and I also increased my exercise duration. My sleep is currently very good and is kind of becoming excessive as i increase my exercise, there are some tremors as well. I want to discuss with my doctor if my paliperidone can be reduced further. I do not want to reduce riperidone as it helps my sleep

Has anyone got any experience with reducing antisychotics. Does anyone know what is the minimum dose of paliperidone that is available and can be given. Is paliperidone 25mg available. It would also be helpful if anyone could advise what is the minimum dose of risperidone given for schizophrenia. I am also intested in knowing the minimum dose of paliperidone for schzophrenia. I can increase my exercise levels as that helps as well

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

VIPAN

We are all different when it comes to these types of medications and because of that your Doctor will know how He needs to proceed with your medications, it may be that you will be put on a care and maintanance dose of your medications and possibly they MAY change to another drug to help you.

Be guided by your GP He can contact your Psychiatrist and discuss the best way to go

Make your appointment

BOB

• Posted

Thanks for the advise. Please can you advise what is care and maintanance dose of medications. Is it anyway different to normal dose

Thanks,

Vipan

• Posted

Vipan

I take medications over the long term and I have been trained in Pain Clinic to reduce my medication doses to the absoulute minimum to control my condition, this is the same with some of my AD type medications that help control my Chronic conition.

I take a lean dose that just holds me at a level point just above the level to control pain etc. When I feel my condition is getting worse I increase my medications to a higher level, when I feel my conition ease I reduce my medications accodingly to just a point where I cover the basic level of pain etc once more.This helps me with Opiate type medications and one of my ADs that is taken to control body nerve and tendon damage.

Recently I reduced my Amytryptalene down from 75mg to 50mg as I was is remission, if I flare I will increase the medication to a higher level to cover my problem. I do the same with pain medications, I take a low dose at 100mg, then increase the ose to 800mg daily when bad, I then have control of my medications

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.