Reducing sugar intake for a couple of procedures, Ive pretty much cut out all salt, and sugar and on

Posted , 2 users are following.

Are birds eye petit poit peas high in sugar? And can you eat them frozen? Seem to be the only thing that quenches my thirst sad

Im type II and on metofmin.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What are your BG levels?  Why are you so thirsty?  Probably should talk to a nutritionist or the doctor about this.
    • Posted

Hi JX41870

Thanks for your reply. They are very high at the moment, 88 last month but have got them coming down to 84 and hopefully down some more, I need to get them down to 70 or below, as i have a couple of procedures that need doing under GA. So trying my hardest to get it down. I have an appointment with my GP on Monday to talk about my BG levels.

• Posted

Yvonne, by "88" I hope you are talking the American system?  But then that wouldn't really be high.  Unless you meant "8.8" in the British system, which still isn't really that high.

How much metformin are you on, if it's a low dose and there's any need, perhaps it could be boosted for a bit.

Otherwise if you just want to lower the BG a bit, there might be some dietary tricks.

Probably the surgery is going to boost your BG anyway, I'm not familiar with what preparations are customary, but you just deal with it when it happens, I think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.