Reducing the sickness and side effects of Methotrexate

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi there

I am due to start methotrexate by injection in 2 weeks time and was hoping to get some tips from other users on how to minimise sickness, fatigue and side effects.

I have two very energetic toddlers and can't afford not to be able to keep up with them!

I want to be as prepared as can be from day one.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Stacy

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi its best to take daily but not on injection day,
  • Posted

Hmm not saying it’s wrong Stacy but they certainly don’t advise you to take folic acid daily for relief of methatrexate side effects .  And all medical literature say you should certainly not takes the same day as methatrexate.
    • Posted

I was really poorly at the start and they increased the folic from once a week to daily except MTX day.  Definitely helped me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.