Reducing working hours

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have not yet been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but have been suffering for 10 years and I am sure that I do indeed have it. I am very unwell with it and my flare ups are permanent now it's very severe and never goes away.

I am only 27 and work full time and have been finding it very difficult. I have now reduced my working hours by 5 hours less a week.

I feel so embarrassed and all it is going to do is cause stress as I will have less money and already on a low wage. I feel like the illness is causing me to take a step back in life.

Any advice? Thanks

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Don’t give up sweetie. We need to take charge of our own health and find a doctor who will listen and who will be more attentive to get some answers. Stress and worry may be making your pain worse. You may also have a prolonged flare up. Try to get some rest and give your body some tender care so that you can recoup. Try not to catastrophize your situation sweetie. You definitely will find some relief with time. X
    • Posted

Thank you. I have had no relief though in 10 years so I don't see me ever finding any. My flare ups don't ever go away now it is permanent it's so horrible and nobody understands how bad it is everythi g thinks it's just the usual sore back but it's my whole body and it makes me so tired and sick too. Someone on here said if I had it I would of been diagnosed by now but k just believe some doctors don't want to listen or care. I wish I could go private for care but can't afford it. I am worried as off work and always worry what people will think of me and what it will mean for me in the future x

• Posted

It is hard to try lots of things as so expensive I can't afford massages all the time or classes etc it is really difficult I'm struggling. I'm trying to exercise to help it but it sometimesmakes me worse then other time when I rest it makes me worse x

• Posted

Hi again Paula. Please don’t pay attention to any critical or negative comment on this post. We are mostly all here to support you and give you some suggestions that will help you according to our own experiences. Like I mentioned sweetie, don’t despair. Get a referral as some have suggested, to a Rheumatologist. He will correctly diagnose you. Keep being proactive in dealing with your condition and never give up in searching for answers. Big hugs! Maggie xx
    • Posted

I was at the doctors again today and no further forward.

I was given preagablin to try howeger gabapentin made me feel terrible before.

Whwn sent to a rhematologist before he said hypermobility but i didnt think that alone could make me as unwell as this.

X

• Posted

Try to see another sweetie. I know it is discouraging but don’t give up. You will get an answer eventually. I hope this medication will help your pain. xx 
    • Posted

I supoose in a way even if i do get a diagnosis it probably wont help as no cure. It is so frustrating..i think they are going to run my bloods again. Its difficult to get another referral.
    • Posted

It's difficult to get a diagnosis sometimes. I've been reading and researching relentlessly trying to find answers . I follow a blog and she says that many times medical doctors cannot help us all tests come back negative.

So now I am going to a natropath. She believes a lot of our pain comes from inflammation in our bodies ..

So I am trying to eat antiinflammatory foods. Taking natural supplements. Hoping this will give some relief eventually...

It's worth a try when you are desperate biggrin

Michelle

• Posted

I am doing this too have been on a really strict diet for it but again its not helped at all. Now on pregabalin but its horrible and hate how medication makes you feel bit need to try it as afgecting my life badly now x
  • Posted

Hi Paula,

Thanks for writing this.

I am sailing in same boat. If you don't mind, may i know what your sypmtoms are.

I have been recently promoted at work. I am afraid of having to quit my job. I loblve working

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.