Reducing zopiclone

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking zopiclone 3.5 for 4 months after a couple of months my GP reduced reduced it too every other night about 6 weeks ago I reduced it to every 3 now my my GP says too reduce it to every 4 th night for two weeks then stop. Should I reduce it again to 5 th night or just stop. At present I am managing to sleep off and on and I don't feel tied but my leg muscles ache is this common 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

sandra ive been on the zopiclone 3.75 for 4 years out of the blue the doct started the reduction every other night because of it im getiing panick attacks without tabs i cannot sleep till the morning im so tired i go to sleep for a few hours but then wake up feeling very sick
    • Posted

Hi have to tried using a lavender spray on your pillow it's called deep I low spray  at night  I also do not have caffeine after 7 pm and I do relaxation techniques. I also did every other night at first then increased,  I am very restless at first and I do wake up frequently. It is hard but I am going to stay postive I forgot to say I am taking fluoxetine 20 mgs I have been on this since last sept .

• Posted

hi sandra no i havent tried that if i dont take the full tab i dont sleep think i problem is i get very wound up even juring the day since i was told 
  • Posted

From the dosage you are decribing I would just stop. If your legs ache, this is something different  and zopiclone is not the right solution for this. Ask your GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.