Reductil is dangerous

Posted , 10 users are following.

recently i was given reductil. AFter 6 months of taking it i noticed chest pain and palpitations in my heart. Then my legs started hurting severly every night. Went and saw a doctor and after he ran some tests the overall conclusion was to stop taking reductil.

I followed the docs advice and within a few weeks all the scary symptoms stopped. SO i thought let me try it again (especially because i lost some weight!) and the symptoms started. BUt this time they were far more painful....so now i have completely stopped. MY research has shown that a number of people have died from cardiac problems as a result of taking reductil.

and now apparently it is banned.

I even called the REDUCTIL helpline...and the woman on the phome told me that Reductil (otherwise known as sibutramine) know their at fault! im not going to say her name in case, but she says they have set aside money for people as compensation! her own aunty had a slight myocardial infarction (not sure what that is).

All in all REDUCTIL IS VERY DANGEROUS!!!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janet

Really need to know is the effects will pass. Am suffering from arrhythmia after taking Reductil for 2 months. Have been off it for two weeks but symptoms persist. Really need to know if they will stop with time. I'm going nuts worrying about this, which is none too good for blodd pressure, which is already high now because of Reductil too. Thanks!

Lyz

• Posted

Hallo! Ich bin Annett! Ich verlor Gewicht dank der Kapseln Reductil. Ich nehme Kapseln "Reductil" seit zwei Wochen. Seitdem hat sich der Appetit verringert und ich habe 5 Kilo abgenommen. Die Tabletten habe ich hier lida-oficial org gekauft. Alles ist super, ich musste aber 1,5 Monate auf die Tabletten warten. Die Kapseln "Reductil" sind echt Klasse! Heutzutage gibt es aber zu viele Fälschungen, deshalb muss man Tabletten guter Qualität finden. Ich habe 5 Kilo abgenommen, habe aber zusätzlich Sport (Fitness) getrieben und viel Wasser getrunken

• Posted

Hi, I have been reading your threads and posts and hopefully my experience will helpful and answer some of your questions posed. I was prescribed a diet drug known by a number of names including Reductil Meridia, Sibutramine and Sibutrex. It is marketed by Abbott Laboratories. This drug is an antidepressant in the category of a serotonin-norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor (SNDRIís) It has chemical structure is similar to amphetamines and cocaine. During the period I took that drug I was on top of the world, became quiet manic, suffering mania, became a huge risk taker, easily confused and was suffering memory loss. I did so many things, which I now sincerely regret and can’t repair. Medically it was as if I had become addicted to both amphetamines and cocaine and using it 24 hours a day seven days per week.

During the months I took this drug I did so many embarrassing things, upset lots of my friends and lost a load of money. I just didn’t even realize what was happening to me. My relationship broke down and I moved out of our home. My brain was telling me everything was fine and I was in a state of euphoria. Wikipedia has an excellent article on Reductil and it’s links to Amphetamines and Cocaine. Reductil had by now already destroyed my life. I stopped taking Reductil and almost immediately began suffering major withdrawal symptoms. I became psychotic, hallucinated and paranoid. I became extremely and severely depressed. I immediately attended a psychiatrist and I was diagnosed as suffering major depression, general anxiety disorder and Bipolar 1. There was no suggestion that I was suffering a major drug interaction, drug toxicity or any other reaction to withdrawing from Reductil. That set me on the road to becoming a mental patient.

Over the following six years I was prescribed every major antipsychotic, mood stabiliser, benzodiazepine and antidepressant known. At times I became even more severely depressed than at other's. There was no explanation for this and there was nothing in my life to cause such massive mood swings. I was simply prescribed different drugs at higher dosages. I voluntarily admitted myself four times and only treatment I declined was E.C.T. I was being tortured by the actual drugs I was being prescribed to help me. I avoided suicide by fighting this torture with ever ounce of strength I had. I was an intelligent person, the life of the party and had a really good life. Because of this drug I was forced to drop out of the profession that I loved. Because of the dangers of this drug it has been banned in over 90 countries. In an effort to spread the word an perhaps take some legal action I have set up my own website which has far greater detail of my own experience and many useful links which support what I have said above. Please feel free to contact me privately.Thanks for reading my post and I hope it was helpful to you.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the web and email addresses as we do not publish these. If any users want these details please use the messaging system to contact Researcher One.

• Posted

hello,

generic reductil 15mg works great on me. I've been tried it about one year, and I lost 7lbs. No more hunger. Extremely decreases appetite, I even force myself to eat some healthy food. The only side effect to me is feel thirsty and you have to bring lots of water to work or school or wherever you go.

• Posted

Hi,

I have now been prescribed a low dose of reductil - 15mg. I started last 3 months, and think I am losing weight. My face is thinner than before. I have also had trouble falling and staying asleep, and frequently have to use the rest room, i tnink that these are side effects of reductil, but i really see the good results. The problem is that reductil 15 mg is out of stock, i don't find it, i made my orders by internet didn't have any problems with them), they also don't have reductil 15 mg at the moment, it is available only reductil 10mg. Has anyone tryed the diet pill reductil 10 mg? anyone have any bad side effects? how long did it take to work? any experiences on this would be great.

Thank you.

• Posted

Reductil 10mg are not really good and didn't help me much, I guess they are more for people who got just a little weight to lose. Could you please share the link of the website where you bought the pills as I really want to get back on them. Thanks.
  • Posted

From experince I can say that taking Reductil 15mg was the best thing that happened to me in relation to losing weight! I was on the pills for a year and lost about 16kg. I felt amazing didn't have any bad side effects, as in one of the previous posts someone mentioned I had to force myself to eat as I simply didn't feel like it, the bad taste in your mouth and thurst are normal as if you are on a simple diet. However I was very disappointed when Reductil was banned, I don't dare buy them online as I can't be sure they're real. If anyone has bought them online and they work please do share the link of the website.
  • Posted

I was on Reductil about 6 years ago and i wonder now if this has possibly caused my peripheral neuropathy.I have severe pain in my legs particularly my thigh muscles. I stopped this medication as I had a bad reaction to it after visiting my dentist, my dentist had given me noradrenaline and that combined with reductil made me manic i was also having palpitatations.
  • Posted

I took a drug containing sibrutramine and had a bad reaction. I took it two days in a row and on second day almost past out. Since then I have had anxiety, migraines, lite headed, intermittent weakness on left said. It has been 3 weeks since I last took this drug, but symptoms are lingering. How long before this clears up?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.