Reduction

Posted , 8 users are following.

saturday night and sunday night and monday night i increased my pred by .5mg is it safe to now to start taking 2.5mg

many thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i think you should go down slowly ...have you just started to reduce and after you felt pains ...

when i reduce, it always takes a few days for my body to get use to the lower dose ...

EILEEN is the lady who can give you precise advice

she is our expert

feel well

• Posted

Yes i was reducing from 7.5 to 7 ( i take 5mg morning and 2.5 at night) i think i over did it at sons, took 3mg instead of 2.5 for three night , neck pain no better.

• Posted

Sorry - can't remember everything about people's doses. What did you do before?

• Posted

mu dosage is five mg morning , then two and half a night. But i am reducing to two at night, went to sons overdid it so up to three mg, should i continue for a while or will i be ok to carry on reducing.

• Posted

If you increased your dose to deal with a flare and you feel better now you can drop back to where you were, but I would recommend you actually not drop down all the way. You flared for a reason. Drop down step by step over the next two or three days and maybe stop at 3 for a few days before using the dead slow taper to get back to 2.5. This will help you find your current best lowest dose which may well be just above where you were, unfortunately. This is how things have been for me. I'm assuming you have access to 1 mg tablets. If you don't have 1 mg tablets, please try to get them. It will make life much easier for you. 😃

• Posted

Thank you yes i have one mg tablets. as i said i have over done at the weekend as i went to my sons and my little grandson which i only see a few times a year .

• Posted

Sorry, I misread your post. Thought you had increased by 5 mg, not .5. Ignore my comment!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.