Referral finally came through!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I finally got a referral to see the dermatologist. It’s on 2nd of may. I have already taken the long term antibiotics and all the other normal ones. Does anyone know what is after antibiotic treatment? 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I agree with the other response, injections and antibiotics.

I was diagnosed with mild HS. I get lumps and bumps on my bottom and inner thighs. For years I thought it was due to Ingrowns as I also have thick dark hair (terrible genes) but as time went on I noticed it just got worse. I kind of already knew it was HS. Recently I developed a cyst/boil inside my bum which forced me to see a derm. He lanced it, it closed up but remains inflamed and hurts like hell. He gave me antibiotics and also injections. I went to see a general surgeon who is going to lanced and clean it out and go in with a probe to see how far this thing is. Let's see what happens after my surgery. Its sad, with this disease it seems like no one knows what to do.

• Posted

I have had several lanced as well mostly armpit. Looking into surgery with wound vac healing next. It is really sad there is not a good treatment or protocol! I fought for 9 months to have the Humira approved by insurance. Sadly it did not work after I finally got approved. We have a HS clinic about 4 hours away. I was really excited then find out they don't accept insurance! I was hoping to get into a trial for treatment of HS. Seems like they keep getting cancelled. Luckily now they do not swell up . They just hurt, itch and bleed.

• Posted

Right About now I'm like do I stick with my derm and let him keep injecting the boil that doesn't go away, or go through with the surgery with a very nice surgeon but he didn't talk at all about this being a symptom or anything from HS. Makes me wonder if he even knows what HS is. I'm only going to a surgeon now because it continues to grow and is in a sensitive area and am scared it will cause more havoc if I keep pretending it isn't there. I pray that this surgeon does well and I am healed after this

• Posted

I would choose surgeon also. Have them do a biopsy for sure. I am not surprised the surgeon isn't familiar with HS. They should communicate with your Derm.

• Posted

Try dove deordrant I have had HS for 20 years nothing has work for me but dove deordrant I been using it a week so far it has cleared it up ! Give it a try i use it under my breast and growing and armpit and bum it freaking working !! I hope it lasts
  • Posted

Becarful with taking antibiotics make sure you are taking a probiotic! Or you stand a chance on getting c diff . I have found that antibiotics just prolong it ! Sooner or later you get ammuned to them ! I been using Dove dordrant it's been a week and it has cleared up my HS in my arm pits and under my breast and growing ! I pray this keeps working what ever is in dove deordrant it seems to be the cure ! So far give it a try !

• Posted

I have always used dove deodorant cause it smells nicer than any other one. I don’t get any in my armpits (YET) but I will try using it under my boobs etc. Thank you 
  • Posted

Nooooo!!! Antibiotics are horrible and do nothing for hs they will just cause leaky gut and you immune system will be worse. You should read the book the hidden plague its inspiring and life changing. I wish i knew years ago what i know now wouldn't have destroyed my body with antibiotics steroids creams all that garbage. The last thing they offer is biologics immunosuppressive drugs like humira. That stuff will make your immune system trash and has lots of adverse side effects. Its like putting a bandaid on a bullet wound. The only thing that has helped me heal and control my hs is the autoimmune protocol.

• Posted

I really done know much about HS. My GP isn’t overly aware of it either. I’m sick of taking antibiotics. It feels like I’m taking them for no reason cause they don’t help at all. And if I refuse to take a course I get told there isn’t anything else that will help me. I just wish I was normal! My girlfriends ask me to go on spa days with them and have to make lame excuses every time cause I’m to embarrassed of all the scarring they have left. Under my boobs and along my bikini line are pure purple with scars. They never change colour or fade. What is the autoimmune protocol?
  • Posted

I have been researching information on hydrodenitus supprativa for my husband who had a chronic condition with huge boils under his armpit and buttocks for almost 20 years...it more recently was in his armpits though and he would have huge boils twice a month he would have to get drained. I had him try everything I found online from diet, soap changes etc....nothing worked. It got so bad that a doctor was going to skin graph his armpits. I found online something about humira possibly working on HS and convinced the doctor to let him try it. He was on the drug for 6 months and then stopped the humira. He has not had 1 boil since then. ...I hate to say hes cured but it's been really promising.....thought I would pass this along since I may be able to help others with this skin condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.