Referral for diagnosis of POTS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone in the (South or East ) UK make a recommendation for a specialist who can deal with post Covid Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

  • Edited

    No, sadly not, but if it is any help there is a POTS UK charity: I don't know if they have any lists of professionals. Also STARS, who deal with a lot of causes of fainting. It may be worth asking the local Ehlers-Danlos charity branch (POTS is common in that condition too - it is why I have it).

    It's really difficult, because it can be annoying to be told to ask people already asked, but assuming that these things are necessarily easy to find would be equally daft!

    I wish I could be more help. It is a rather nasty condition. Hope you get somewhere with the medical profession. My POTS has improved substantially with good management; hope you have the same experience 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.