Referred back to ESA by job centre.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am currently awaiting the Tribunal for my ESA claim. While I have been waiting I have been claiming JSA.  I recently have had problems with my health & I was told by the job centre to contact jobcentreplus & see about going back on ESA.  While I have been on JSA I have been receiving a disablement supplement.  The question is, if I go back on ESA will I lose the disablement supplement?  I was informed by my job coach that I could go back on ESA for up to 13 weeks & after 13 weeks I would continue with my JSA claim & not have to start a new claim. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

If you're appeal has been accepted by the Tribunal then you can go back onto assessment rate of ESA until a decision has been made at the Tribunal. If it hasn't yet been accepted then you can send in a fit/sick note for your JSA, this is called extended sick (13 weeks) so your job coach has informed you wrongly.

The premium you get on JSA would depend on which premium it is because there's 1 premium that isn't paid on ESA. If you can give more info as to why you recieve that premium then i can tell you if you would recieve the premium on ESA assessment rate. Hope this helps.

• Posted

My appeal has been accepted by the Tribunal & the appeal has been to court but the panel could not decide so it has gone back to the Tribunal again.  The premium I get paid with my JSA is because I am disabled & they say it a disablement premium.  I receive the standard rate care with PIP.  The payment is about £30 per week.  I have heard that this has been stopped for new claims but people who are already receiving this payment will carry on receiving it.  Thank you for your reply.

• Posted

I don't understand why you're still claiming JSA when you're Appeal is with the Tribunal. You should now be back on assessment rate for ESA. You would not recieve that premium with ESA because it's paid with JSA only. If you claimed ESA again while the Tribunal are deciding on a decision then the Premium paid with ESA would depend on other circumstances. For eg, does anyone get carers allowance for you and do you live alone. The premium is Severe Disability Premium (SDP) not everyone is eligible for this. Hope this helps.

• Posted

When I was signed off the sick I was told to sign on at the job centre.  I am now receiving JSA plus the disablement payment.  I think if I were to go back on ESA I would lose the extra payment.  I live with my parents & no one gets carers allowance for me.  Yes I do believe the payment is Severe Disability Premium.  I am sure that if I go back on ESA I will lose this premium payment & I think that is the reason why the job centre are wanting me to go back on ESA & stop claiming JSA. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.