Referred on basis of possible Cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys

Long story short - my husband has been ill for about 2/3 months now - started with tiredness and pain upper right quadrant - been to the Dr whom ordered bloods and an abdo ultrasound - my husband is a big drinker BUT the liver scan showed only fatty liver - nothing too serious, needs to change his lifestyle and so forth for which he is trying to.

Things have just gotten way worse over the last few weeks - he is chronically fatigued, vomitting about 3/4 times everyday - has had blood in his urine and blood stained vomit only once. He also has started getting like a brain fog - mumbles about weird stuff and looks half drunk, not sure what to think anymore!

We have contacted the GP again and he has been referred for more urgent bloods today AND referred on a 2WW Urology referral for possible cancer, I cant believe this is happening - he is only 47 - not sure what I can do or say.

Anyone got any advice or their own battle with this as its seriously stressing me out and seeing my husband the way he is, is making me very sad.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi kay, sorry nobody has replied. I'm finding these forums very lonely! how is your husband doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.