Referred to GI doctor

Posted , 3 users are following.

back in march, i was having diarrhea 5-7 times a day. i thought it was stress & anxiety causing it because i just lost my dad. so i blew it off. but then later that month i noticed certain foods we're making the diarrhea worse. in April, i went to the ER in horrible pain on the left side of my abdomen. they ran my blood work, did ultrasounds, urine culture, swabbed my vagina, etc. everything came back normal & they gave me a referral to a GI doctor.

i have yet to be seen due to COVID-19. in the beginning of July, i had a #2 accident. i couldn't hold it in & after i cleaned myself, etc i noticed pain in my rectum & it i felt alot of pressure even though i couldn't go #2 anymore. an hour passed, i started having diarrhea AGAIN. 10pm-330am it lasted. the last three times i had diarrhea that morning, i had blood when i wiped. i never went it because i know blood in stool can SOMETIMES be normal.

i haven't had blood in my stool or when i wipe since then but i have had diarrhea atleast twice a day.

does this sound like anything???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

you said you noticed certain foods made your diarrhoea worse, which foods were they? The blood you had in your stools, was it fresh? diarrhoea twice a day is not normal but it can be down to certain things like medication are you taking anything at the moment either medically or herbal?

• Posted

i noticed that fast food like mexican food makes it 10x worse. i noticed that some fruits also made my diareaha worse. yes the blood was fresh, it was bright red. no medication other than Tylenol here & there.

• Edited

so the blood could have been down to haemorrhoids if it was fresh or maybe a fissure. Try cutting out sugar from your diet as that can cause diarrhoea if you are sensitive to it, also try lacto free milk and dairy products in case you are lactose intolerant. You should probably take some vitamin and mineral supplements if your food is going right through you as you could have a deficiency. Vitamin d and b12 deficiencies can affect your stomach too. You may have IBS, in which case you may need some antispasmodic tablets, I would recommend alverine if you do eventually get diagnosed with IBS, it is the best tablet out of the lot I have tried. Kefir can really help IBS symptoms too, so maybe you could try some to see if it helps your stomach.

• Edited

hi Hayley, i agree with moon. it sounds like you could have ibs. you need to speak to your doctor and see about dietician's advice too. they will help you to balance what you eat and if they are decent they will help you to work out what your bowel issues are. fast food will make your bowel sore. if other normal foods are causing problems you need to see/speak to someone. keep a food diary and write down what it does to your bowel. good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.