Reflexology

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

im wondering if anyone has tried reflexology for their symptoms of CFS and fibromyalgia? If so have you found it helps with muscle and spine pain, fatigue, anxiety sleep difficulties etc or is it again another waste of money? I also have severe osteo so I an unable to even go for a little walk and am finding I now have every symptons on the fibro and CFS/me list. I read all of your daily discussions but am too tired most of the time to respond. Thanks x

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I've heard a great deal of good about it and I've studied Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology so I can study it with the local college. No experience personally yet but I'm looking forward to learning about it!
  • Posted

It can be a nice massage, and I'd have thought that would be helpful for relaxing. It's not worth paying much for it though. The idea that reflexologists have any real expertise in manipulating people's 'qi' to improve health is just mystical nonsense.
    • Posted

All scientific knowledge originated in 'mystical nonsense' such as the idea that humans could fly! Ha ha ha what a load of *****
  • Posted

I have had reflexology done once it was very relaxing and soothing. However apart from that I'm not sure how much it would symptoms of CFS. Worth a try and see how you feel!
    • Posted

We could all sit at home with this CFS thinking there's no point trying anything because there's no cure and I'll never get well. Woe is me! Or find what helps us.

I won't spend money or put my energies into anything unless I learn about it first for myself; that's my advice, which is why I studied Herbalism, which I couldn't do without, and in the summer I'm going to study Reflexology.

Reflexology is one of the few complimentary approaches that the medical profession are letting in! Homeopathy and Herbalism among them too.

• Posted

Hi

I have had a number of sessions of reflexology (minimum 12, I can't remember exactly how many). Very relaxing but I didn't see any improvements in my symptons but I enjoyed it so I kept going back for more.

Good kuck

• Posted

I'd love to see a Reflexologist but I have difficulty getting out and about so that's why I'm going to do a course with college, the theory I can do from home and there's not too much college attendance for the practical in the e-learning one. If I get well enough I could do the VCTC more advanced one.

It must be good if you keep going back and healing takes time. You're following your instincts. razz

• Posted

Thank you Sharon, Sarah and Georgia for your thoughts and also Fidd. I agree it is probably more relaxing than healing but something to make me feel relaxed as I am unable to have a full massage sounds good to me. I would like to try and find someone who does home visits if I can. Georgia, good luck with your studies I am pleased you are able to do what you are doing as a lot of us have quite severe short term memory problems and concentration issues so I for one can not work or study anymore x
    • Posted

I had to give up my degree studies for several years and I thought perhaps that was the end of it. But I started to get more energy and I can do it now, although I have to be very careful not to push myself too hard. Just 2 hours in the mornings.

It's possible I may be able to work again, you never know with an optimistic attitude and using relaxation techniques. razz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.