Reflux??

Posted , 6 users are following.

My symptoms can't be related to food intolerance I'm sure. Chest pains. Constantly clearing my throat. Total body wipeout with dull headache and shoulder and neck ache..acid comes and goes. Feeling sick after eating certain foods. I even thought I had skin cancer but doctor said no it  Wasn't...just a rash. Didn't say what caused it.... This might be in one day then I feel fine fir a day or two.i have panic attacks sometimes especially at night thinking the worse.this has gone on and off now for a couple of years.... It's totally ruining my life. I'm 52 now. I still play football and people say I don't look my age but surely feel it.... I had the chest pains checked a couple of years ago and everything was fine. Blamed it on food intolerance.the symptoms I've got just slowly seem to get worse...... Not sure where to turn apart from tests and medication.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

It is a very annoying condition. Are you a smoker or a heavy coffe drinker? 

We must stop using all stimulants, i read stimulants relax esophagus spinchter, causing acid to travel upside, inflamming everything in upper airway, and even damaging lungs.

What kind of medication are you taking? Are you on Ppi's? 

You went to gastro doctor and have your esophagus checked for possible chronic inflammation diagnose?

• Posted

Hi hi...I'm a non smoker and usually have a coffee in morning. I take a nexium tablet everyday to suppress any acid. That seems to work. I think the damage has been done over time ..occasionally tho I have some dodgy food like a curry and that seems to make me feel I'll ..

• Posted

The Autoimmune disease Coeliac Disease can result in a lot of those symptoms,.not everyone has the "classic" symptoms - but certainly go down the line of chronic reflux investigations

• Posted

Thanks, i will check for this disease, maybe i have one.
    • Posted

I will investigate this.. Thanks for taking the time to advise me.
  • Posted

These are the things you need to rule out:

Helicobactor pylori

Hiatus hernia

Parasites ( not sure they cause it but could make it worse)

Food allergies and intolerances ( might not be cause but could be making it worse). I have shown up intolerant to dairy, eggs, cocoa bean and sugar cane. So I'm eliminating these for 3 months.

Celiac disease

SIBO - small intestinal bacteria overgrowth. (Are you worse if you take probiotics? Natropath said it's sure sign of SIBO. I'm getting tested next week for this.

At the end of the day something is causing the lower esphogagus muscle not to close properly it's trying to figure out what the cause is! Aniexty really doesn't help. When the reflux started I had terrible anxiety (not sure what came first though, the anxiety or the gerd?). Doc put me on lexapro 10mg that helped big time.

Good luck in getting to the bottom of it.

Dom

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.