reflux

Posted , 9 users are following.

Been having reflux for 3-4 months now.  ENT says he sees some reddness, but no signs of tumors or other problems.  I've been on omeprezole 40mg and ranitidine 300mg for this period.  Just saw him last week.  Says he still sees some reddness, but since it isn't acid reflux he didn't see any need to see a Gastroenterologist at this time.  To stay on current meds for another 3 mos.  I am currently on 5 mg of pred since beginning of July.  Started at 20mg April of 2015.  Not doing to badly.  I'm running competively and only have any real aches and pains for a few weeks each month when I taper.  Can pred or PMR cause this reflux.  Have also been doing pretty well on an antiinflammatory diet.  Just cheat on occassion.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had silent acid reflux from Prednisone. I took PPI 14 days as prescribed, did nothing. I read about harm of PPI's so refused there after.

Change in diet helped some, but what helped more was switching to Reyos Prednisone, though still had some effects, esophagus gurgle I call it. 

Take 1/2 tsp MSM flakes, and sip buttermilk, and probiotics, this has helped tremendously.  

If I eat sugar food or extra wine on occasion, then I have symptoms, so I avoid and only have on special occasions. 

so happy to not have the bad symptoms any more, it was scary. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.