Reflux

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm a 26 year old male, slim build and active tho I have asthma.

4 weeks ago I woke with heartburn that got worse after eating breakfast I had the heartburn filling for three / four days which has got better in the chest area now but I'm still getting a burning in my throats and burping when I eat, at night I get a very sore burning filling and can feel it burning as it is right now.

The burn as been continued for the last 7 days now and not getting better and worse at night I also have a cough with small bits of flem also which is worse when waking in the mornings.

I suffer from health axitiy and now believe I have cancer of the throat, stomach but mainly of the oesophagus.

None over the counter medication is helping so I visited the doctor who as placed my on Lansoprazole 30mg twice a day for a week then 30mg a day for three weeks of which I have been taking for 4 days now.

While sleeping I'm awoken I can hear noise coming from my mouth also followed with burning pain. Mainly in the thraot area upper chest followed with coughing.

I then come downstairs to take gaviscon which actually cause the durn to worsen straight away before getting a little better letting me nod off after being awake for a hour or so.

So far I have raised my mattress 5-6 inch for my head and upper body.

Cut out all spicy foods, fatty foods and fizzy drinks. Specially take aways.

I don't smoke or drink well I have maybe 2-3 beers a week which I have now cut out completely.

I'm worried that because I have continued burning in he upper chest and throat everyday and specially every night for 4 weeks now it's not Gerd but cancer, may sound stupid but I'm really struggling now and stressing not wanting to eat or sleep.

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Helllo Mike13249,

I know it's no fun to go through what is ailing you. Did it ever cross your mind that the doctors, your medication and your own anxiety are making matters worse? I have learned to never underestimate the body's ability to heal itself.  We jsut need to get out of the way.The anxiety, medication and doctors in a lot of cases prevent that from happening. Once the problem is on its way out, the cause may become very apparent to you.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply Dave,

Yes I believe the medication can cause burping and excess wind, also my axitiy is not helping

• Posted

You are quite welcome, Mike. Good luck in getting this thing under control.

• Posted

Wasup, id say first start drinking more water. Have vegetable broth for a couple of days then add things in like greens, kale...see how that goes. Then add in more veggies, fruit. You gotta try and research to see if ya reflux is due to non digesting properly. But try to dampen that inflammation cause u can get gastritis frm this crap.
  • Posted

Mike, you are not stupid...you are in pain and you are worried

Perhaps you have a severe hiatal hernis...once the acid has burned the esophagus, it takes time for the raw esophagus to heal.

So, no hot food as in temperature. No food or drink two hours before bedtime.

Have you tried sucking on an antacid like Tums?

Please do not stress...if your physician thought you had cancer he would have treated you very differently.

You have a bad case of GERD...not eating and not sleeping, and stressing will all make it worse.

hugs

• Posted

Thank you for your reply,

It's the pain stopping me from sleeping at night. I wake up and can feel the pain followed by coughing and the worst burning pain in the throat.

• Posted

What happens when u drink room temperature water? You need to go get some kinda acid reducer dude, worried or not you gtta make it happen. I know its depressing but dont give up fight it back cause it can get worse.
    • Posted

Mike

you can see a gastroenterologist for medication and reassurance.

All burns take time to heal. Reflux burns our throat.

kind regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.