Reflux

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer from hiatus hernia, result showing after endoscopy! I haven’t seen anyone on here talking about sour taste in mouth, dr told me it was gerd, I am on 20 mg of Omeprozole and peptac every day but I still have excessive horrible saliva is there anyone else with this? I am in no pain just a wee bit breathless at times. Can anyone relate to this, it’s been going on a year now! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Had it for 40+ years. Was on 80mg Omeprazole a day. Insurance decided they only want to pay for 40mg now. Gerd has caused Barrett's. Just have to live with it.

• Posted

I used to get the sour taste too but when I was diagnosed with a hiatus hernia and began taking 40 mg of Omeprazole it went away. I am now down to 20 mg and the sour taste and acid reflux have not returned, (The breathlessness and wheeziness seem to have increased though.) Perhaps you need a higher dosage of Omeprazole for a while?

Sorry I have nothing useful to contribute. I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I will try to increase it and see what happens, i have been taking orange Rennies to take taste away, it does help but my mouth is always full of this gunge! I worry about my teeth, thanks for replying Maisie 😀

• Posted

Sour taste in mouth?

My Dad has burning mouth syndrome for past 20 years ever since an overdose in Nystatin.

He was on prevacid for a while due to food coming up his esophagus after eating.

Now he eats smaller meals and is off prevacid (long term use gives pruritus, which my Dad was suffering from, plus it weakens bones)

Hiatus hernia. Can you get surgery to repair this at the soonest. Hernia can be deadly if not repaired. My Dad had inigual hernia and luckily the Surgeon was attentive and fixed this problem

God Bless You

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying, mine is a very small hiatius hernia and too small to operate they say! I had burning mouth syndrome but got tablets from Holland and Barrets andvit was cured in ten days or so, my doctor recommended them, £14.99 and worth every penny. I was also diagnosed with B12 deficiency and have started the injections too which helped a lot. It’s just the constant sour taste in my mouth I can’t cope with and all I was prescribed was Omeprozole! Oh to be  healthy ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.