Reflux hours after eating saturated fat?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys for a while I've been having problems with acid reflux. It seems worse after I eat fat, especially animal fat like proper butter. For instance yesterday I finished my evening meal at 6pm went to bed at 1am and had reflux when I lay down - I could definitely taste the butter coming up that I had on my sandwiches at 6pm. Can fat linger a long time in the stomach for 7 hours? If so in in my case would it be best to eat fat earlier in the day? Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would stay away from saturated fat altogether. Eat 4 hours before going to bed. Cheese and butter gave me horrible reflux before I was diagnosed with gerd and be and treated with ppis

• Posted

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will have to avoid saturated fat. Just a shame as it tastes great but I suffer at night because if it. Like a love hate relationship haha.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.