Reflux - how long after eating

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

those who have acid reflux and heartburn, how long after eating “forbidden” food do you get reflux?

I get my 5-10 hours later and so I think it could be more because food intolerance than gerd.

Thank you!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi aya.  For me, it’s almost instant.  If I have a trigger food, I can start to feel the burn within the first 5 minutes.  
    • Posted

Thank you, Jaybird. 

I am desperately trying to find out what is causing my reflux and so I appreciate a lot any experience!!!

• Posted

Have you checked food allergies
    • Posted

Hi Farhana,

yes, I did, they tested me just for basic and most common food but all came back negative. Just for celiac disease came back just below the limit, so officialy negative but on borderline.

• Posted

I would go gluten free for everything then. That is part of your GERD . Also Dr Farid Ghoragozloo in Florida can help you fix your les valve and repair hital hernia if needed. You don't need a nissen. I had my surgery by him.

• Posted

30-45 minutes (i have silent reflux, so its more head pressure and nausea)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.