Reflux, Sleep Wedges And Mattress Sagging

Posted , 1 user is following.

Suffering from reflux, I started using a sleep wedge.

The downside to using a sleep wedge is that it means you put more weight on your hip area. Over time, that's causing our mattresses to sag. Even buying good quality mattresses and rotating weekly, I'm going through a mattress every 12-18 months, which is too expensive and terrible for the environment!

I feel like trash if I don't use the wedge, even if I stop eating/drinking long before bedtime.

Although I'm a big chap, I'm not overweight, so that's not an option to avoid the problem.

Does anyone have any advice on how they manage using a wedge and not ruining mattresses please? Or if not a direct answer to that question, how do you manage your sleep wedge situation please?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.