Reflux/ulcer with IBS

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All, new here. Sorry this is going to be long.

I've been on treatment since April for reflux. I was having various pains in various places, nausea and coughing. Ultrasound abdomen and kidneys, as well as bloods were clear. So they were happy with the reflux diagnosis. I had started Omeprazole but seen no improvement, so swapped to Lansoprazole. But had to stop that for 2 weeks for a Helicobacter Pylori test, so was back to being untreated.

Restarted the Lansoprazole 26/5/22, so have been on it for 28 days now. But I am still having symptoms. One doctor said about a possible ulcer, but PPI treatment would cover that, so we agreed to continue for the moment, rather than an endoscopy.

If it's an ulcer, it can take 2 months for a PPI to help. Is it usual to still have symptoms throughout? Every morning I am hot but no temp, nauseous and coughing, sometimes I retch as well. That's the reflux or ulcer. Luckily the pains have all gone, although if I press on my lower sternum/epigastric area it is tender, also aware of this area if I lay on my back. I am also having wind and stomach ache every morning which is the IBS, it would be nice to get on top of that too!

Has anyone experienced anything even a little similar? Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.